LEED v4 Platinum Case Study: Unnati Office BuildingRead how One Click LCA was utilised to achieve Building life-cycle impact reduction in LEED v4 design credits.
Project – Unnati Office Building
Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Investor: Gainwell Commosales Pvt. Ltd.
- Type: Corporate Office
- Certification: LEED v4 Platinum
- One Click LCA Expert: Environmental Design Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- One Click LCA used for: Building life-cycle impact reduction in LEED v4 design credits
Unnati Office building is located in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India. Project is around 3700 square meters of administrative spaces and is part of a 5-acre campus designed for Gainwell Commosales Private Limited (TIPL). The MR credit Building Life-Cycle Impact Reduction through Option 4 Whole-building life-cycle assessment was achieved by the following:
- Tartan Grid system of construction
- Truss Reinforced Insulated Concrete Wall assembled on site
- Use of materials with recycled content
Design team evaluated from the initially set LEED Platinum targets and achieved 89 LEED points. Unnati Office has been granted LEED Platinum award and became the first LEED v4 BD+C: NC Platinum project in India and second LEED v4 Platinum BD+C: NC project in Asia. Project Team Experience One Click LCA tool has been chosen to undergo lifecycle analysis for LEED v4 criterion. Such an analysis was carried out as part of the LEED V4 certification to aim reduction of carbon emissions and atleast 10% reduction in all six impact categories. One Click LCA helped to:
- Optimization of the structural module
- Concentrate on recycled and reused materials with low environmental impact;
- Identify the most contributing materials in each impact category in the early design phase
As a result of the whole building life cycle assessment, the project was able to demonstrate 13% reduction in kg CO2e from the construction materials.
You might also like
One Click LCA para BREEAM ES, VERDE y LEED.
Software para el Análisis de Ciclo de Vida para BREEAM ES, VERDE y LEED.
Campus Generalitat – Spain (LEED)
Take a look at how One Click LCA was used to achieve Life Cycle Assessment credits for a LEED project in Spain.
How to Achieve the Building Life-Cycle Impact Reduction credit (MRc1) in LEED v4 with Whole-Building LCA
Read our detailed guide on how to get LEED v4 MRc1 credits with Whole-Building Life-Cycle Assessment.