LEED v4 Platinum Case Study: Unnati Office Building
Read how One Click LCA was utilised to achieve Building life-cycle impact reduction in LEED v4 design credits
Unnati Office Building
Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Investor: Gainwell Commosales Pvt. Ltd.
- Type: Corporate Office
- Certification: LEED v4 Platinum
- One Click LCA Expert: Environmental Design Solutions Pvt. Ltd
- One Click LCA used for: Building life-cycle impact reduction in LEED v4 design credits
- Tartan Grid system of construction
- Truss Reinforced Insulated Concrete Wall assembled on site
- Use of materials with recycled content
Design team evaluated from the initially set LEED Platinum targets and achieved 89 LEED points. Unnati Office has been granted LEED Platinum award and became the first LEED v4 BD+C: NC Platinum project in India and second LEED v4 Platinum BD+C: NC project in Asia.
Project Team Experience One Click LCA tool has been chosen to undergo lifecycle analysis for LEED v4 criterion. Such an analysis was carried out as part of the LEED V4 certification to aim reduction of carbon emissions and atleast 10% reduction in all six impact categories. One Click LCA helped to:
- Optimization of the structural module
- Concentrate on recycled and reused materials with low environmental impact;
- Identify the most contributing materials in each impact category in the early design phase
As a result of the whole building life cycle assessment, the project was able to demonstrate 13% reduction in kg CO2e from the construction materials.