LCBI, European Carbon Measure for Real Estate – Methodology Webinar
The Low Carbon Building Initiative (LCBI) is a new method to support harmonisation of carbon reporting and performance benchmarking of buildings in Europe.
This webinar is hosted by
- Hélène GENIN – President of the Low Carbon Building Association
- Laurent Petit – Head of Development WO2
- Jocelyn URVOY – Carbon Neutrality Team Leader at Elioth (by Egis)
- Kevin Thizy – Sustainable buidling design project manager at ARTELIA
- Lorélia le Gouvello – Manager for WEU at One Click LCA
While commendable initiatives are underway to measure the carbon footprint of real estate, the lack of coordination, both locally and on a European scale, has led to inconsistent reporting especially for investors & developers looking to assess portfolios to report for ESG schemes and the new EU Taxonomy for instance.
To address this, key stakeholders from the European real estate industry (including the UK, France, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, and Germany) have come together to develop the Low Carbon Building Initiative (LCBI). It empowers decision-makers in the real estate sector to quantify and reduce their carbon impact.
This initiative utilises existing standards (such as EN15978, Level (s)) and serves as both a low carbon design tool and a reporting framework that aligns with European requirements.