Infrastructure Life Cycle Assessment Case StudyRead this Case Study on HS2 London Euston Railway Station
Project: HS2 London Euston Railway Station
HS2 London Euston Railway Station, RIBA Stage 2 design, London, 87000m2
- Investor: High Speed Two (HS2) Limited. HS2 is the company responsible for developing and promoting the UK’s new high-speed rail network. It is funded by grant-in-aid from the UK government. HS2 is an executive non-departmental public body, sponsored by the UK Department for Transport.
- Contact: James Robb |Senior Sustainability Consultant email@example.com | LinkedIn
- Type: New construction
- Certification: Carrying out this analysis allows the project to achieve 2 Innovation credits under the BREEAM New Construction 2014 scheme, providing an additional 1% to the overall score. The project is expected to achieve BREEAM Excellent as a minimum.
- One Click LCA Expert: WSP
- One Click LCA used for: The One Click LCA Revit plugin was used to extract materials and quantities data from a combined project BIM model. This contained all Architectural (Wilkinson Eyre Architects) and Structural (WSP Structures) RIBA Stage 2 design information.
A baseline Whole Life Carbon Footprint for the building was calculated over a design life of 120 years, using the One Click LCA ‘EN 15978’ indicator. A variety of design options were then tested against this baseline, allowing a 14% reduction in Whole Life Carbon emissions to be developed by the end of RIBA Stage 2. A number of further reductions were highlighted during the analysis and will be investigated in future project stages as the detailed design is progressed.
Photo by WilkinsonEyre
You might also like
Get Life Cycle Assessment credits for CEEQUAL, PAS, or Envision with the easy to use Life Cycle Assessment software for Infrastructure.
Measure your building’s carbon footprint with our easy to use software tools and learn how to design greener buildings.
Mennica Legacy Tower – Poland (BREEAM)
Read this BREEAM Life Cycle Assessment credits Case Study on the Mennica Legacy Tower, shortlisted for the BREEAM Awards 2018 with Outstanding score.