L’Oréal Production Factory Case StudySee how L’Oréal Production Factory team used One Click LCA to become the first Industrial Sector LEED Platinum project in the world
Project: L’Oréal Production Factory
Kaluga, Russian Federation
- Investor: L’Oréal Paris
- Type: Production Factory (Industrial Sector)
- Certification: LEED v4 Platinum
- One Click LCA Expert: Buro Ecoseven partnered with HPBS
- One Click LCA used for: Building life-cycle impact reduction and Innovation in LEED v4 design credits
L’Oréal Production Factory is located within the Industrial Park ‘Vorsino’ in Kaluga Region, Russia. Project is more than 15 000 square meters of industrial and administrative spaces and comprises complex industrial equipment, storage and occupied spaces. LEED LCA material excellence was achieved by the following:
- Efficiently engineered metal structures;
- Bearing trusses optimised height;
- Composite floor reinforcements.
Design team evaluated from the initially set LEED Silver and Gold targets and achieved 80 LEED points. L’Oréal Production Factory has been granted LEED Platinum award and became the first ever project in the world that received Industrial Sector LEED Platinum appreciation.
Project Team Experience
One Click LCA tool has been chosen to undergo lifecycle analysis for LEED v4 criterion. Such an analysis was carried out as part of the LEED V4 certification routine and L’Oréal corporate approach aiming reduction of carbon emissions, energy and water use, as well as waste generation globally.
One Click LCA helped to:
- Integrate professional and subcontractor approaches;
- Optimise procurement of environment friendly materials;
- Concentrate on recycled and reused materials with low environmental impact;
- Implement innovative routine to the project practices.
We managed to not only carry out the LCA analysis of materials or solve problems with waste processing, but built up an excellent teamwork and show up an outstanding certification results.
You might also like
Request a quote or contact us with any question you might have. Simply ask, and get answers today.
Whole Building Life Cycle Assessment for LEED v4
Whole-Building Life-Cycle Assessment is the new major credit in LEED v4. By automating LCA from your design data you can achieve these credits in no-time.
Visionary – Czech Republic (LEED Platinum)
The Visionary project by Skanska achieved LEED Platinum with One Click LCA. Read how this building aims to improve both people’s lives and the environment.