Visionary by Skanska Case Study: LEED PlatinumA Green Building Case Study on LEED Platinum (& WELL under way)
Project: Visionary, Skanska CZVisionary, Prague, 26 806 m2 (gross floor area for LEED and WELL certification)
- Investor: CA Immo
- Tenants: Accenture, Business Link, Škoda Auto, Medicon
- Type: Office building with retail and restaurant on the ground floor
- Certification: LEED Core and Shell v3 Platinum – awarded, 95/110 points and WELL Core and Shell v1 Gold – certification in progress
- One Click LCA Expert: Skanska Czech Republic
- One Click LCA used for: LEED Building life-cycle impact reduction credit and Innovation in design credit
One Click LCA allows sorting materials with the greatest influence in each impact category. Based on the preliminary results several other materials were selected for closer evaluation. The most important evaluated parameter is material availability at the place of installation. Beside the concrete structure, another opportunity to significantly reduce environmental impacts was the substitution of material used for partition walls and suspended ceilings. Changing to a material which is functionally equivalent with similar material characteristics helped to decrease Global warming potential, Depletion of the stratospheric ozone layer, Acidification of land and water sources and Formation of tropospheric ozone of the building.
You might also like
Whole Building Life Cycle Assessment for LEED v4
Whole-Building Life-Cycle Assessment is the new major credit in LEED v4. By automating LCA from your design data you can achieve these credits in no-time.
How to Achieve the Building Life-Cycle Impact Reduction credit (MRc1) in LEED v4 with Whole-Building LCA
Read our detailed guide on how to get LEED v4 MRc1 credits with Whole-Building Life-Cycle Assessment.
Quality and consistency for Whole Building LCAs using product-specific EPDs
How to ensure quality and consistency for whole-building LCAs using product-specific EPDs.