Join the innovative construction sustainability software market leader
Business developer for a construction sector life-cycle assessment software, North America
Bionova is looking for a business developer for One Click LCA, the world-leading construction product and project Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) software in the United States or Canada.
You’ll be responsible for identifying customer needs and opportunities and helping them to find and make use of our best matching solutions. Key area of this role is developing and maintaining expertise in LCA and EPD to be able to advise clients and prospects. In this role, you’ll be working with manufacturing and design and construction companies.
You’ll join a supportive, effective and mission-oriented team in a flexible, friendly work environment. You’ll be working with cutting edge tools and a team of world-class professionals and leading organisations to solve one of world’s biggest challenges – decarbonizing buildings and construction, responsible for 40 % of global carbon emissions. Every client you bring on board helps cut carbon. We help businesses create value by using science-based and robust metrics to quantify and improve environmental performance.
What you’ll do:
- Qualify prospects contacting us to determine whether or not they are a good fit
- Educate prospects on the value and opportunities of LCA, EPD and low carbon construction
- Liaise with prospects and existing customers for solution demos and showcase ways to solve identified business problems or opportunities
- Follow the company process on developing prospects and document key interactions
- Learn the One Click LCA offering in great detail to allow you to educate clients and prospects
- Issue quotes and follow up with clients until closing the sales and handing them over to operations
- Participate in events and activities within the targeted market(s) to maintain our presence
What you need:
- At least 3 years of LCA, EPD or comparable experience and interest in business development OR strong business development experience and familiarity with the sector
- Track record of high achievement in your current/previous roles
- Understanding of the construction sustainability domain and business value of LCA / EPD
- Very good listening skills and the ability to see a situation from a prospect’s perspective
- Positive approach to business and learning, allowing you to learn what works and what does not
- Motivation to help others succeed and to find solutions to overcome their obstacles
- Hands-on attitude and a drive to get things done
This position is available anywhere in the North America and requires availability for some travel.
About Bionova and One Click LCA:
Bionova are the developers of One Click LCA, the world-leading construction sector carbon-reduction platform. Our software helps designers, builders, manufacturers and investors to identify the most effective ways to improve their projects and to achieve cost and carbon savings. The software is used in over 70 countries, and we are in business since 2001. We value customer success, integrity, curiosity and excellence, and our growing team consists of more than 15 nationalities, and we have staff in six countries. For more information please visit our careers pages.
The application process and timeline
Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “BD North America” with a CV and a cover letter by September 8th, 2020. For more info please contact Panu Pasanen at +358 44 2871 722.