Life Cycle Assessment for Buildings
Why it matters and how to use it
Get up-to-speed on building LCA to make better decisions, reduce your project impacts and stay relevant in an increasingly carbon-focused field.
Incorporating Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) into building and infrastructure projects is critical for making informed decisions that achieve real sustainability and cut project carbon and cost.
But, for many architects, designers and engineers, LCA can seem like an impenetrable topic that should be left to experts only.
This ebook aims to demystify LCA to widen its use and, ultimately, reduce the environmental impact of the buildings and infrastructure projects.
What you’ll learn:
- An overview of building Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) principles.
- An understanding of why it is important to take a whole-life approach to calculating environmental impact.
- How building LCA is calculated.
- How to incorporate LCA into your existing workflow.
- The increasing importance of building LCA within the global construction industry.
This ebook was prepared by One Click LCA Ltd, an independent firm of construction carbon specialists operating globally out of Finland. One Click LCA works with construction carbon regulations, research and standardization. One Click LCA Ltd (formerly Bionova Ltd) is also the developer of the world-leading construction life-cycle assessment software One Click LCA.