Low-carbon aluminium as a solution for sustainable construction and renovation
Joint webinar delivered with RUSAL
Low-carbon aluminium as a solution for sustainable construction – with RUSAL
Aluminium is an essential construction material due to its strength, durability, low weight and ductility. But, with traditional aluminium production accounting for 4-5% of global electricity demand and its production forecast to more than double by 2050, it is essential that the construction sector find sustainable alternatives.
Low-carbon aluminium is primary aluminium made with renewable energy. Its use can reduce embodied carbon in construction projects significantly, in one case study by up to one fifth.
What you can expect to learn from this 60-minute webinar:
- The carbon impact of traditional primary aluminium
- How low-carbon aluminium can provide a solution for new buildings and retrofits
- Role low-carbon aluminium can play as a solution for manufacturers
- The role of low-carbon aluminium in certification credits and compliance
- The challenges of low-carbon aluminium production (RUSAL)
- Low-carbon aluminium carbon footprint transparency and accountability (RUSAL)
Panu Pasanen,CEO at Bionova,developer of One Click LCA software
Panu Pasanen (MSc.) is a building LCA expert with 15 years of practical LCA experience, training experts in LCA worldwide.
Jerome Lucaes,Marketing Director, Sustainability, at RUSAL
An international executive with over 22 years of experience, a co-founder of the Aluminium Stewardship Initiative, he works with customers and stakeholders to accelerate the aluminium industry’s zero-carbon transition. Jerome holds engineering master’s degree from the French École Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées and MBA from Paris.