Software DeveloperJoin the innovative construction sustainability software market leader
We are looking for a Software Developer to join our growing product development team. Our software is a cloud-based Life-Cycle Assessment platform, used in 100 countries. You will spearhead the development of world-leading One Click LCA software platform that helps reduce carbon emissions. This position provides you technical challenges, meaningful mission, autonomy, room for development and a diverse and friendly work environment.
This role is available either in Helsinki, Finland or on agreement, remotely anywhere in Europe.
Why join us:
You’ll join a supportive, effective and mission-oriented team in a flexible, friendly work environment. You’ll be working with cutting edge tools and a team of world-class professionals and leading organisations from around the globe to solve one of world’s biggest challenges – decarbonizing buildings and construction, responsible for 40 % of global carbon emissions. We help businesses with science-based and robust metric software that quantifies and improves environmental performance.
What you’ll do:
- Create industry leading tools to advance sustainability in construction
- Develop and maintain the codebase of our platform
- Code review work by other developers
- Ensure the availability and reliability of the platform
- Identify areas to improve efficiency and performance
- Contribute to strategic decisions regarding technology & architecture
What you need:
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience in software development
- Professional experience in working with Java and JVM-based technologies
- Interest in working in a fast-growing company developing new technology and integrations
- Solid understanding of the full technology stack of SaaS applications
- Ability to create maintainable code and scalable architecture
- Ability to research and make technology decisions
- Commitment to the success of the team and helping others when needed
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in English (no Finnish required)
What we offer:
- Technical challenges, substantial responsibility and seeing the results of your work directly
- Dynamic, friendly, motivated and diverse team of top-notch professionals
- Substantial freedom – no fixed hours and remote working is ok
- Work on a product that is contributing to more sustainable future
- Great colleagues, company social events and great office location
- Commuting, lunch, sports and other benefits
This position is available in Helsinki, Finland, or on agreement anywhere in Europe.
About Bionova and One Click LCA
Bionova are the developers of One Click LCA, the world-leading construction sector carbon-reduction platform. Our software helps designers, builders, manufacturers and investors to identify the most effective ways to improve their projects and to achieve cost and carbon savings. The software is used in 100 countries, and we are in business since 2001. Our December 2020 Net Promoter Score was 48 and we’re working to increase client satisfaction. We value customer success, integrity, curiosity and excellence, and our growing team consists of more than 17 nationalities, and we have staff in six countries. For more information, please visit www.oneclicklca.com and our careers pages
How to apply
Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Software developer” with a CV and a cover letter by January 28th, 2021. For additional information please contact Arturs Alsins at +358 44 2121 298.
You might also like
Sustainability careers at Bionova / One Click LCA
Want to work in an international company in Helsinki and help us save the world? Join us and let’s build a better future together.
Our vision statement
In our vision statement we are not only advocating for a life cycle approach to Green Building, but we are also sharing our company’s values and mission.
Bionova Ltd is the Helsinki-based expert company behind One Click LCA. We also offer professional services in the fields of EPD, LCA, and climate action.